In our latest Covered posts, you will have seen we have been gearing up to Summer for a long time now. And with that, it’s definitely time to embrace a different wardrobe, letting our skin to the air via sleeveless tops, shorts and skirts and swimming suits. However, with a new wardrobe brings new challenges and we all admit, it’s time to firm up!
Our objective is set and our aim is to spare 25 minutes in total out of those 24 hrs – sounds easy? We hope so, and once you are committed it shouldn’t be too tough once you know what you really stand to gain. You just need to remind yourself how it will be so worth it!
To begin with keep in mind to engage those core areas that you want to improve on:
- Plank: Plank exercises are the best way to work your abdominals as well as your entire core. By forcing your body to stabilize itself in one position and for a duration of time, planks work both your abdominal muscles as well as your back muscles. While it may sound easy, the longer you try to perform a plank, the harder it will be. Doing a few reps will really go a long way!
- Plank with Side Twist: Start in plank pose position. Lifting your right leg and bending at the knee, twist slightly at the trunk and reach your knee towards your hip. Return to plank pose position and repeat up, once done repeat with your other leg.
- Push-Ups: Lie face-down on the floor, wrists beneath your shoulders, palms down. Draw your stomach in toward your spine and ensure it’s engaged. Exhale and extend your elbows, keeping the knees on the floor as you lift your upper body. Do not allow the hips to lower. Inhale and slowly lower halfway, then repeat.
- Tricep Dips: Sit on a bench or chair. Begin with the hands slightly under the hips. Lift up onto the hands and bring the hips forward. Bend the elbows (no lower than 90 degrees) and lower the hips down, keeping them very close to the chair. Push back up without locking the elbows and repeat for 10 reps.
- Lunges: To perform the forward lunge, stand with the feet together and keep as balanced as you can. Direct your foot out in front of you and place it on the floor. Bend your knees and lower yourself until your front knee is at a 90 degree angle to your body, keeping your back straight. Hold the pose for 1 second, then lift yourself back up, raise the legs back and hold. Return your foot to its original position. Repeat this exact same motion with the other leg, and repeat the exercise on both legs to complete 25 repetitions per leg.
Make sure to tune in next week where we will be sharing the best fitness and wellness apps of 2016 that you HAVE to download!
THE SLEEK CASE
Other Colours Available.
Certified Drop+ Protection
Shop Now >
Available for Apple and Samsung Devices