We don’t know about you, but we here at OtterBox enjoy a friendly and fun office culture. Pranks are common and it’s considered a rookie move to leave your phone unattended around your co-workers. We’re always looking for quick, fun and harmless ways to mess with each other and wanted to share some of our favourite iPhone pranks with you!
- Simply go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Add New Shortcut
- Change “no” to “yes”
Every time they try to type no, their phone will automatically correct it to yes.
Extra Tip: Leave “yes” as “yes” – so frustrating
Do you have a very impatient friend? Someone who watches for those three little “typing” dots on your iMessage conversations? This one is too easy…
- Download this GIF of three dots.
- Send it to a friend in the middle of a text conversation.
It’ll look like you’re typing forever. This is especially funny when your friend is looking for a quick and urgent reply.
Trapped in the phone
This one is slightly more complicated, as you need someone to take a picture of you.
- Simply smush your face and hands up against a glass door/screen, take a picture.
- Assign it as your contact picture.
Now every time you call them, it looks like you’re trapped inside their phone.
Frozen Home Screen
Want to watch your friends turn their phone on and off, unable to understand why their home screen is still frozen?
- Take a screenshot of your friend’s main home screen (press the Power + Home buttons at the same time)
- Move all of their Home Screen apps to the right onto another screen (so the home screen is now empty)
- Go to Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness > Choose A New Wallpaper and set their Home Screen wallpaper to the screenshot you just took (of their original home screen).
Now when they try to open an app, they will think their home screen is frozen!
This one is quick with excellent results.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Invert Colours.
Results are quick and easy and your friends won’t understand what happened to their phone.
This one is another which will take a little more planning- but the results are perfect.
- Launch Safari and go to: http://www.iphoneception.com/
- Select one of the four options (explosion, gravity, kittens, and zombie)
- Add the link to their home screen.
- Launch the application and wait to load.
- Lock their screen (keep application open)
Be sure to let us know if you try any of these! Photo or Video or it didn’t happen!
Tag us on Instagram or Facebook!